Named for its intended use, the K2 Excavator specializes in digging deep trenches on groomers and displacing powder after the storm cycle. Built around a mid-wide outline with a dual-radius sidecut, the K2 Excavator snowboard caters to the advanced rider looking for a directional snowboard to carve on groomers and float in the soft snow.
The wider profile of the Excavator allows you to size down ~5cm from your usual snowboard size and get all of the performance of a longer board without the extra swing weight. This extra width and 20mm of taper benefits riders with wider feet, reducing any "booting out" on those deep corduroy carves and long traverses.
Inside the Excavator, we use our smooth-flexing Bambooyah Pro Core to keep it responsive and damp underfoot and top it with our ICG 10 Biax Glass with tip-to-tail carbon stringers. This technology lets us keep the snowboard relaxed torsionally for easy turn initiation, but also helps to add snap over the entire length of the board. We also added our pre-cambered Carbon Power Forks in the tail to add an energy boost into and out of turns and those spontaneous "Slow Sign" ollies.
All of this tech is sandwiched between a faster-than-hell Carbon Infused 5500 Sintered Race Base, waxable and supremely durable P-Tex sidewalls, and a snow-shedding SnoPhobic topsheet that keeps the whole package fast and light.
- Bambooyah Pro Core: Sustainable, damp, durable, and extremely responsive. Our Bambooyah cores are backed by a 5-year warranty against breakages.
- ICG 10 Biax Carbon Glass: Integrating Carbon Fiber stringers that run the length of the board into our fiberglass increases the snap of the snowboard without adding unnecessary rigidity.
- SnoPhobic Top Sheet: This topsheet material sheds unwanted snow build up, keeping your snowboard light and nimble.
- Carbon Power Fork: A pre-cambered carbon inlay in the tail of your snowboard gives the board energy in and out of turns and adds extra pop for takeoffs and landings.
- Hybritech Sidewall Construction: A K2 exclusive. By transitioning from a P-Tex sidewall into a capped construction in the tip and tail of our snowboards, we are able to reduce waste while giving our snowboards better energy transfer and making them more durable than our competitors.
- Carbon Infused 5500 Sintered Base: The hardest, fastest, most wax-absorbing base we make. Our 5500 Sintered Material gets carbon additives that reduce friction and glides smoother.